Fully Equipped & Experienced Handyman Services In Central & South West London
Small jobs don’t always require the services of a professional tradesman, and can often be done by an experienced handyman. Not into DIY yourself? Rather than doing time-consuming, or potentially dangerous tasks yourself, we can send one of our trusted handymen, or handywomen, to your property to complete these tasks for you. With all the tools and equipment you need, a professional handyman is often cheaper than buying the tools you need for a one-off job—plus they also know what their doing 🙂NO JOB TOO BIG—OR TOO SMALL
Why Use A Local Handyman
Whether you rent or own your own property, there’s always maintenance that needs to be done—from minor repairs to major renovations. Left uncared for, over time, an older house will deteriorate—develop cracks in walls, chipped paintwork, broken windows, roof leaks, and a variety of plumbing and electrical issues.
For larger jobs, it’s clear you need a professional tradesman. But smaller tasks are often overlooked due to not having the right skills, or time to fix them, plus often not having the right tools for the job. That’s why calling in a handyman with the proper tools and expertise is often a better option.
Simply give us the ‘to-do’ list you've been meaning to complete for ages, and we'll take care of the rest. No job is too small. On the rare occasions a job may require more specialist help, our in-house team of electricians, plumbers, and builders are available to assist on larger jobs.
Building Vision London has a large network of CRB checked handymen, each with different skills. We'll only send a handyman to you once we're satisfied they're trustworthy, and work to the high standards we demand.
Your home is one of your most significant assets; that is why you should adequately maintain it. If you don’t have the time, equipment, or tools to handle home maintenance and repair, it’s better to hire professional handyman services near you to get the job done.
A handyman has the expertise, proper tools, and right connections to provide thorough repair and maintenance to your property. As a result, the final outcome will be at a higher quality standard, restoring your home to its optimum form and function.
5 Benefits Of Hiring A Handyman
1.Time Is Money: With DIY you need to find the underlying cause of the problem, learn how to fix it, and source the right tools & equipment. If you don’t have the time, tools, or talent to get the job done, simply call a handyman service, specify what needs to be done, sit back and relax while they get the job done.
2. The Right Skills: While many homeowners can handle simple maintenance issues, plumbing, electrical wiring, and carpentry require the right skillset, and qualifications for jobs involving electricity. A local handyman service will have their own plumbers, carpenters, painters, and electricians, or they’ll be able to source these contractors on your behalf, and provide an ‘all in one' service.
3. Cost-Effective: When you don’t have to deal with multiple contractors, there's no confusion over who's responsible for getting the job done. With a better understanding of your overall property needs, your local handyman will be better able to advise you on what needs to be done to ensure your property remains in the best possible order in the long term, than would be the case if multiple companies are involved on an ad-hoc basis.
4. Reliability: Reliability is important for any handyman service, so choosing the right one is essential. A local handyman service that has a proven track record in your area will save you from both disappointment and financial loss.
5. Better Result: While it’s often tempting to DIY home improvements that affect the appearance and functionality of our homes, if you can’t produce a result at least half as good as a professional handyman or tradesman, it’s probably not worth your effort.
What We Do
Our professional Painters & Decorators will ensure your property is finished to the highest standard.
Our Kitchen Fitters can upgrade your existing kitchen, or design and install a new dream kitchen for you.
Our Bathroom Fitters can upgrade your existing bathroom, or install a new bathroom shower or wet room for you.
Our Gas Safe Plumbers handle all your kitchen & bathroom plumbing, and 24/7 emergency plumbing repairs.
Our Garden Services team provide landscaping and regular garden maintenance for residential and commercial properties across London.
Popular Handyman Jobs
Click the expandable links section below to view a list of the main tasks our Handyman can help you with. It's split into general Handyman Tasks, Plumbing Jobs, Electrical Work, Carpentry and Decorating. If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, please just ask us. To discuss any jobs that you require the service of a trustworthy handyman for, or to enquire about our rates, please get in touch with Building Vision London on 0203 302 6361 or 07871 647667.
- Painting & decorating
- Assemble flat-pack furniture
- Change a hard-to-reach lightbulb
- Clean, unblock & replace broken gutters
- Draught-proof external doors & windows
- Fit a cat flap
- Fit bath and shower screens
- Fit locks hinges & handles
- Fit new door locks, hinges and handles
- Fit pet and childproof stairgates
- Gutter cleaning, unblock gutters
- Hang heavy objects, such as mirrors or paintings
- Install & tune LCD/LED/Plasma TV
- Jet / power washing
- Painting & decorating
- Put up shelves, curtain rails, poles and blinds
- Put up shelves, curtain rails, poles and blinds
- Reseal bath shower trays & clean grouting
- Tiling & floor laying
- Turn a mattress
- Bathroom installation
- Bathroom tiling
- Fit / fit repair radiator valves
- Fit / repair / Saniflo macerator
- Fit / repair garden taps
- Fit bathroom hot towel rail
- Fit isolation valves
- Fit new / repair faulty radiators
- Fit new kitchen or bathroom taps and waste
- Fix dripping taps
- Fix faulty showers
- Fix leaking pipes and fitting couplings
- Fix overflows
- Install sinks, basins, baths and showers
- Repair leaking toilets
- Replace sink or shower
- Trace and repair leaks
- Unblock drains, toilets, sinks and showers
- Washing machine & tumble dryer installs
- Replace damaged or stained grouting
- Silicone sealing baths, showers and sinks
- Bathroom pull cord replacements
- Change lightbulbs in awkward places
- Check & fix lighting circuit faults & light starters
- Doorbell fitting with or without CCTV
- EICR & PAT Testing for Landlords
- Fix sockets & light switch faults
- Flickering lights
- Install a cooker, hob and extractor
- Install downlighters, spots and pendants
- Install new plug sockets and light switches
- Install transformers, dimmer switches & smart AI
- Install white goods and waste disposal units
- Investigate electric shocks
- Overloaded circuit breaker
- Power surges / outages
- Repair & replace extractor fans
- Repair and install electric showers
- Replace ceiling lights -LED/halogen/fluorescent
- Replace faulty cabling
- Replace sockets and switches
- Trace electrical faults and transformer burnout
- Tripping fuses & spurs
- Cupboard doors
- Fit wardrobes
- Gang doors
- Kitchen installation
- Kitchen units
- Lay flooring
- Partition walls
- Sash windows
- Shave swollen / sticky doors
- Stud walls
- Fill holes in walls
- Fill wall and ceiling cracks
- Glossing woodwork and doors
- Exterior painting & decorating
- Painting a staircase
- Painting and staining wood furniture
- Painting walls and ceilings
- Painting kitchen cabinets
- Painting offices
- Painting windows, skirtings & architraves
- Plaster patch repairs
- Plastering & replastering walls
- Wallpaper hanging
Ready To Start?
Building Vision London are Federation of Master Builders members, and fully accredited with all industry professional bodies. Our electricians, plumbers & heating engineers are City & Guilds BS7671 Level 3 qualified and certificated, NICEIC, and Gas Safe Registered—in accordance with building industry regulations.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team. We'd be delighted to discuss your building construction and maintenance needs, offer free advice and suggest a few options. To find out more, give us a call on 0203 302 6361 or 07871 647667. Or to request a free no-obligation quote, email us below.0203 302 6361 GET A QUOTE